Looking for Top 5 Car Wash Shampoo in India ? Continue reading to find the best car wash shampoo in India.
For car enthusiasts, car washing is a weekly routine. There is nothing happier and prouder than driving around with a clean and shiny car. Aesthetics aside, a clean exterior will also extend the life of exterior paint and make your car look great for years to come.
If the exterior maintenance of your vehicle is not performed correctly or frequently, your vehicle may end up with deep scratches and damage, which will cause the paint to darken and rust. Many consumers use detergent to clean their vehicles.
Unfortunately, this can damage the paint and shiny finishes. It can also remove wax and sealants, that are protecting your car paint from pollution & tiny dust elements. Choosing a soap formula specifically designed for vehicles can protect the paint and finish of your car and with a high-quality car wash soap, you only need to wax your vehicle a few times a year.
We have tested & been using several leading car wash shampoos available in India for our customers and our results say that 3M Auto Specialty Car Shampoo is the best car wash shampoo in India.
Here, is the list of best car wash shampoo in India
- 3M Auto Specialty Car Shampoo
- Formula 1 Carnauba Wash And Wax Shampoo
- Proklear Xtreme CX Carnauba Wax & Wash Concentrate
- Wavex® Wash And Wax Car Shampoo
- Niks Car Wash Foaming Shampoo
1) 3M Auto Specialty Car Shampoo
Winner: Madrazi Car Spa’s Best car wash shampoo in India for 2023
Why do we like it?
Every day, your car is moving through dusty streets and roads with potholes which make the car appear dull and dirty. Our best recommendation for this would be the 3M Car Wash Shampoo as it works with soft and hard water and its easy rinse foam removes tough dirt and grime without affecting the paint surface and wax.
It pulls out surface dirt very easily and effectively with the recommended mix. The best part of cleaning with 3M shampoo is wiping excess water using drying towels; it works like charm with surprisingly less effort. If the dirt is too tough, just pour some undiluted shampoo on it and always remember to wash your car under the shade to avoid water spots.
Pros & Cons:
- ✅ Works with both soft/hard water
- ✅ Effortless washing
- ✅ 3M brand value
- ❌ Do not expect a lot of foam
2) Formula 1 Carnauba Wash And Wax Shampoo
Runner up: Madrazi Car Spa’s Best car wash shampoo in India for 2023
Why do we like it?
Based on our usage, Formula 1 shampoo forms a rich foam that deep cleans and adds a carnauba wax shine to the car’s paint as it washes. Basically, both wash and wax are achieved in one easy step. This product is manufactured by Northern Labs Inc., USA, which is one of the world’s leading brands of high-quality car care products. This shampoo also contains the purest and natural Grade 1 Carnauba Wax derived from the leaf of palm trees in Brazil.
What we like especially is its thick, concentrated paste formula that provides water-beading protection and long-lasting shine to the car surface. Also, its advanced micro-polishing technology removes minor scratches and haze, revealing the true, rich colour of car paint as we complete washing the car. So, we recommend this if you are looking for an all-in-one solution to keep your vehicle protected and shining as a new car.
Pros & Cons:
- ✅ Carnauba wax gives shiny finish after washing
- ✅ Removes minor scratches
- ✅ Water-beading protection
- ❌ Additional wax needs to be wiped off sometimes
3) Proklear Xtreme CX Wax & Wash Concentrate
Why do we like it?
If you’re worried about the impact caused to the earth by using a lot of water for washing your car, this is your best bet. Our experience with ProKlear Rinseless waterless wax & wash concentrate showed that a sedan sized car can be cleaned and waxed with just 5ml of concentrate and 500ml water.
The active agents in this shampoo, lift dirt and grime from pores of the car’s surface and adds a layer of lubrication so that the dirt particles cannot redeposit or cause damage while cleaning. We used the product to clean exterior and interior paint, plastics, glass, vinyl, tyres, wheels, etc except fabric and the results were impressive.
This is the best product that will easily last you 6-12 months based upon your usage and saves a lot of water – good for the environment.
Pros & Cons:
- ✅ Requires very less water (~1 ltr/wash)
- ✅ Long lasting concentrate quantity (~1 year)
- ✅ Leaves a mild fragrance on the car
- ❌ Not suitable for foam washing
4) Wavex® Wash And Wax Car Shampoo
Why do we like it?
This is our second best recommendation if you’re looking for an all-in-one wash and wax solution to your car cleaning routine. Wavex Wash & Wax Car Shampoo saves you a lot of time and gives your vehicle a clean, wet, just-waxed shine in just minutes.
This product – Wavex wash & wax combines a biodegradable car wash with a high gloss dose of shine, that removes dirt and grime without scratching the vehicle’s paint. A single wash delivers a wet glistening shine and has the added protection of wax. We recommend this as the best alternative to Formula 1 wax shampoo if you are not a fan of it.
Pros & Cons:
- ✅ Just requires 1:4 (shampoo:water) ratio
- ✅ Pleasant fragrance while washing
- ✅ Indian brand
- ❌ Slightly overpriced
5) Niks Car Wash Foaming Shampoo
Why do we like it?
If you’re a fan of foaming shampoos, we definitely recommend you to try this on your car. Niks Car shampoo is made with specialized materials from Switzerland for extra shining and cleaning with heavy foam. This shampoo removes dirt quickly and thoroughly and there is no need for repeated scrubbing to remove grime.
We just need to add 10 to 15 ml in 5 Ltrs of water, take a clean microfiber cloth and wash the car. After that, let the shampoo solution settle down for a few minutes and rinse everything with water. Tada! it instantly gives your car a new shiny look. It is best for people looking for an affordable, yet impressive car wash shampoo.
Pros & Cons:
- ✅ Extra thick foam
- ✅ Great results with a foam gun
- ✅ No Hazardous Chemicals
- ❌ Not suitable for manual car washing
Types of car wash shampoo:
- General use – Beginner friendly, daily use – soap based car wash shampoo. Suitable for removing dirt and keeping your car clean.
- Wash & Wax – These shampoos come with wax infused shampoo solution to provide shine after washing your car.
- Foam based – These are often considered as heavy duty / machine only use shampoos and give thick lather/foam.
- Coating maintenance – Best suited for cars that are wrapped in glossy finishes or have ceramic coating on them.
- Wheel shampoos – Made specially for washing rubber parts like tyres and mats of the car.
- Antibacterial shampoos – These shampoos come with disinfectant properties that can act against harmful bacteria.
Things to consider while buying a car wash shampoo:
- Foam – A shampoo that develops a thick and rich foam is more efficient in removing dirt particles from the surface without additional scrubbing.
- Concentration – The more the concentration of the product, the longer it will last.
- pH Level – A neutral pH Level with a touch of alkalinity is the best for your car’s paint.
- Water Spots – Most of the cheap quality car shampoos tend to leave behind streaks, swirls, and water spots.
- Scent – It is always recommend to buy a scentless car wash shampoo but you can also buy shampoos that leave a lemon or cherry fragrance.
- Value for money – Invest in a car wash shampoo that will last up to few months and best suits your car.
Interesting facts about car wash shampoos:
- Approximately $5 Billion per year (~₹35,000 crores) is spent on car wash supplies.
- In the late 1970’s, people used soaps and detergent powders to wash their cars
- Read more about car wash shampoos here.
Step by step guide on how to perfectly wash a car
Estimate Cost : INR
Time Needed : 30 minutes
Here are some tips based on our experience with cars on how to wash them with car wash shampoos in the right way.
- Park your car in a shade
This avoids the water on the surface from drying up quickly which can lead to water spots.
- Have 2 buckets for washing
Always try using two different buckets – one for clean shampoo water and one for rinsing the microfiber cloth.
- Dust it off
Before washing your car with water, we recommend you take a clean duster and dust off all the dirt that is present on the car surface. This will help in avoiding scratching your car during washing.
- Don't let the water dry
Water evaporation is your biggest enemy when washing the car. If you let the air dry your car then it'll lead to water droplets. Remember the first step? In addition to parking in the shade, make sure to keep your car sections wet until the entire procedure is completed.
- Remember the top to bottom rule
Start washing your car from the top, lower parts and then finally the wheels. This is for a simple reason that your washing cloth with collect a lot of dust and become dirty when you use it for lower parts or wheels of your car.
- Use fresh cloth (only microfiber)
Nothing worse than using a dirty rug to dry your car after giving it a shampoo wash. Take a clean and dry microfiber cloth and dry out the entire water before it evaporates. If you don't know which microfiber cloth to use, check out our detailed article on the best microfiber cloth to use in India.
- Wax for a long-lasting shine
While washing your car will make your car look fresh, it might not give you the shine as you might expect. For this reason, we strongly recommend waxing your car after washing. It will also act as a protectant to the paint from harmful pollution on roads. Read our post on the best car wax to get shine like a new car in India.
- Microfiber cleaning towel
- Car dusting brush
- Car pressure washer (optional)
- Car wash shampoo
- Two buckets with water
- Car wax (optional)
FAQ – Frequently asked questions – Car Shampoos
Can hair shampoo be used for a car wash?
While Hair Shampoo might be a great cleanser you can use to cut grease and hard-to-remove grime on the body of your car, we highly suggest using a specialised car wash shampoo. In case you don't have one, we recommend using a Baby shampoo, as its gentle ingredients won't harm your car's paint.
How often should I wash my car?
The answer to this question depends on the weather conditions you live in and the usage of your car. In normal conditions, we recommend washing your car once or twice a week.
Is a waterless car wash any good?
Waterless car wash shampoos are safe to use on any surface when compared to traditional soap and water. They will not scratch the car's paint in any way and clean your car with minimum water. Very good for the environment!
Which cloth is best for car cleaning?
We recommend using a clean microfibre cloth while washing your car. Check out our best pick in India for a microfiber cloth.
What happens if you wash your car every day?
Cleaning with plain water is okay but using shampoo might damage your smooth and shiny paint surface on the car in the long run. We recommend washing your car with shampoo once or twice (max thrice) a week.
What happens if you don't wash your car?
The answer is simple. All the dirt and pollution on roads will sit on the paint and accumulate. After a period of time, it'll be hard to remove and also might start eating your paint causing some serious damage.
What happens if it rains after you wash your car?
It's okay to leave your car in rain after washing. But make sure to dry out the water using a microfiber cloth and not let it dry due to air. Otherwise, it'll lead to the formation of water spots on the car.
Hope you found the best car wash shampoo in India 🙂
SHARING IS ♥️
We’ve put so much effort testing all the products and writing this blog post to provide insights for you, awesome car owners. It’ll be very helpful for us if you consider sharing it on social media. Also, check out our online store where we have a curated list of the best car care products & accessories to buy in India.
This post was last modified on October 24, 2022